2.14.2012

update

Since we aren't really into celebrating the whole Valentine's Day thing, I think it’s time for a little update on what’s going on in our crazy lives. In my last long winded update Chris had just moved to Iowa City, we had an offer in on a house, we were putting our house on the market, and trying to figure out this long distance marriage thing. Here's what's new.
House Update. The house we made an offer on fell through. It was a dream house for us, but needed it a lot of work. We spent hours with contractors getting estimates on all work that needed to be done, and in the end we couldn’t agree with the seller on a sale price. We weren’t willing to offer high enough for her, and she wasn’t willing to go low enough for us. Chris was heart-broken for a week or so after, he wavered back and forth wondering if we did the right thing, but in the end I’m convinced we did. If we offered what the seller wanted we would have far exceeded the neighborhood’s value, and it wouldn’t have been a good investment for us. Did I want the house? Yes! Was it meant to be? No.
House Update II. We found another house we are interested in. It’s funny how the house hunting process works. One day you think you will never find another house, then the next day you are ready to put in an offer. The way we found the house is a long story, too long to get into now, but we find ourselves once again excited about another house. I won’t go into too many details, since it’s not all worked out at the moment, but we are excited about what could be in store. I’ll keep you posted as things progress.
Chris' Job. I’m happy to report he loves his job. His co-workers are friendly, he carpools with his boss, he’s on the company basketball team, and they have him working on a bunch of projects he seems really interested in. I’m really happy he loves what he’s doing, because he hates living apart from Cohen and I, his job is a welcome escape for him. I think he hates our set up worse than I do.
My Job Hunt: I have an interview Thursday morning, so say a little (or big) prayer for me please.  This is the first job I've interviewed for that I'm excited about, but there were 120+ applicants which is kind of intimidating.

After my interview Thursday, we'll be interviewing a potential daycare for Cohen and going through the house we are interested in one more time.  It will be nice if some things start falling into place, all of this unknown is hard for me.  Hope everyone is having a good week. happy tuesday! {monica}

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are starting to fall into place & so happy that Chris loves his job, that's great! A big good luck on your interview! :)

    ReplyDelete