12.09.2011

a letter to my husband.

chris, it's officially official. as of tomorrow you will be a graduate.  project presented, finals passed, officially d.o.n.e.  what you have been able to accomplish in the years since we met continues to baffle my mind. you've now earned two masters degrees, graduated with honors each time, taught college courses, worked countless hours at work, created a baby boy who couldn't look more like you, coached me through nearly two whole days of labor, travelled to china, moved our entire house cross country all by yourself, travelled all over the place on my random adventures, bought a fixer upper in a town you knew nothing about because you trusted my instincts, and so much more. i'm sure i'm forgetting a million other things, but you managed to do all these things while not forgetting to have some fun along the way.
i don't know how you did it, but you did. you really did it, and i couldn't be more proud to be your wife. if cohen could talk i'm sure he would say the same thing (only he'd say son instead of wife, and he'd probably add thanks dad for the shoulder rides, sweet new toys, and sneaking me cookies while mom isn't looking).  congratulations babe, i can't wait to see what you think up next. now it's time to celebrate.  my love forever and ever-monica

happy friday! {monica}

No comments:

Post a Comment