11.22.2011

wrinkles and thoughts.

oh, lovely wrinkles around my eyes, where did you come from? you appeared somehow overnight, and i don't feel quite prepared for your arrival. in fact, i don't feel prepared at all. i mean really, wrinkles? i'm too young for wrinkles. right? you are forcing me to relive my father's words as he pointed to his own wrinkles, "you just wait until you have children. you'll see! when you have children, wrinkles come out of nowhere."
his words have now seemingly come back to haunt me. 

cohen is quite possibly the greatest thing on earth. he's seems filled to the brim with an abundance of joy and the carefree spirit i prayed he would have.  though my love for him is never ending, i find myself both consciously and subconsciously worrying about every little bit of his existence.
okay, first time mothers (or anyone else with sound advice), please tell me... is this normal?  is it normal to obsess about your child's well being day and night? is it normal wonder if you are doing the right thing? raising them in the right way? and setting a good example? sometimes, i feel like i'm the only one who feels this way.

and for all you beauty experts...i need wrinkle cream advice.

happy tuesday! {monica}

3 comments:

  1. I have some Mary Kay stuff you could try...I can't remember what it's called but I'll bring it the next time I see you so you can look at it...or try it...whatever :-) And we need to do another craft night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the wrinkle cream advice too:) And, yes you're normal to worry. You're a mom, that's what we do, just try not to stress about everything. You're a good momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all i can say is: CRAP! i've noticed little fine lines forming on my face, but i don't even have a kid yet! also, you're pretty, don't worry about wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete