10.10.2011

when grandpa's come to town

when grandpa's come to town they spoil their only grandchild rotten. they give lots of shoulder rides, feed their grandson food that their mother would never give them (aka.. spoonfuls of gravy), take them to the pumpkin patch and buy their ONE grandchild FOUR pumpkins, purchase the most expensive big-boy car seat at babies-r-us because the salesman really worked the safety features ploy, and babysit while mommy's are at work.

it's pretty dang great to have my dad here again.  there is something about having my parents around that makes me feel like i'm 10 years old again.

my parents are both actually here (in iowa) for a whole 9 days, but my mom's over in davenport helping my grandparents finalize all of the party plans for my grandpa's pending 80th birthday bash. we'll be driving over to meet up my my mom and grandparents on wednesday, my cousins/aunts/uncles will be flying/driving in throughout the week, and then my sister and brother-in-law are flying in on friday.  i can't wait to see everyone.  it's a rarity to have my entire family together in the same place at once (we are spread out all over the country), so i have to pinch myself to believe it's true.

i just hope the next couple days fly by because i'm ready for a vacation with my family.

happy monday! {monica}

2 comments: