10.28.2011

uncertainty


{via}

One thing I wholeheartedly admit I struggle with is uncertainty. I turn into a nervous, emotional train wreck when I feel uncertain and right now there is a lot of uncertainty in our lives. I find myself repeating Isaiah 41:10 over and over, praying for a sense of peace with the impending decisions to come. Chris will be graduating in about six weeks now, but with this highly anticipated achievement comes a heap of questions we soon need to find answers for. Where will he work? Will we have to move? If we move, should we list our house now (knowing winter is coming and our house will be buried in 3 feet of snow) or wait until the season passes? And so on. And so on. I feel sad about the possibility of leaving a city that finally started to feel like home. Sad about selling the place we brought Cohen home to, where he first laughed, crawled, and made our days infinitely more exciting. Yet, on the other hand, I feel a bit of excitement about the possibilities that come with a move. About having a new place to make memories in, a new city to explore, and for Chris to have the career he has work 12 long years for. I keep thinking about one of the many things that made me fall in love with Chris, one of those being the fact that I could look down the road 5 years and not know where we would be. I liked the sense of adventure he brought out in me. It’s funny that what made me fall in love with my husband, is the thing I struggle with myself? Sometimes the Lord really does have a sense of humor {whether i like it or not}. He knows what I truly “need”, which isn’t always what I think i "need".


 I'll be sure to keep you updated on the decisions to come, hang on it could be a bumpy ride.
happy friday! {monica}

3 comments:

  1. Oooohh I know this feeling all too well! Not necessarily the uncertainty, but the restlessness. I'm so grateful that we have a God we can cast our burdens on and just trust that He knows what's up. It's good to be wise and prepared and open though, too.

    I'm excited to see what the Lord has next for you guys! One of my biggest dreams was to buy a house, but it would mostly be for investment purposes and I'm WAYYYYY to sentimental, so the day we put an offer in on this house, I cried and told Ian that I never wanted to leave it. I knew all the memories it would hold and it still makes me sad to think about leaving it.... but that's in many years from now, but now you get my anxiety issues...

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's my old lady auntie reaction......darling, these are wonderful problems, you guys are in control of your lives and get to set the priorities and goals! you will be able to cope with anything that happens. relax and enjoy the ride, it will be ok.

    in fact, it will be better than you can ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving would be scary..but like you said alot of things to look forward to comes with it as well! No matter what, God is with you and will bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete