7.20.2011

put it in a packet.

one of my favorite ways to cook during the summertime is in a packet. using heavy duty tin foil, i make a little boat-like packet and fill it with dinner. sometimes it's chicken, sometimes it's veggies, last night it was fish. i layered onion, white fish, parsley, and lemon onto the foil, then placed it on the grill for 15ish minutes.

oh, and i nearly forgot to mention my favorite thing about packet meals...the clean up. because there is none, all you have to do is pitch the tin foil in the trash when you're done. when the fish is firm to the touch, it's done. easy as that.


we paired our fish with succotash salad (english peas, sweet corn, red onion, and red bell pepper).



what are your favorite things to cook in the summer?


happy wednesday! {monica}

3 comments:

  1. I love grilled anything during the summer! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yum. I've been wanting to cook fish, but haven't taken the time. During the summer, I just enjoy having more time to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to make fish packets all the time with parchment paper. Sadly, we don't have a BBQ grill so I bake in the oven.

    I love how light and flaky the fish turns out.

    ReplyDelete