4.26.2011

look of the day. green pleats

mark this look on in your calendars ladies, because it's quite the rarity to see me in heels.
why don't i wear heels often? the reasons are as follows....
1. i'm 5'9 which means i'm at least 6' in heels. even though chris is 6'3, i really don't like feeling so tall next to him. i feel like a giant.
2. they are uncomfortable. i don't care what you say (i used to wear heels religiously when i started working, so i know comfortable heels exist)...but they still aren't as comfortable as flats.
3. i'm extremely clumsy. when i used to wear heels i would trip, slip, and fall too many times to count. heels+me=an injury waiting to happen.
4. i read an article in shape magazine. i wish i remembered the issue, but it was all about the negative side effects of prolonged heel wearing. i won't go into all of the details, but it really freaked me out.

that being said, i wish i wore heels more often. i have a bunch of pretty heels collecting dust in our closet, and they really do spice up an outfit.


heels-bcbg, skirt-thrifted, tank-american apparel, clutch-vintage, belt-thrifted, necklace-f21, ring-vintage

happy tuesday! {monica}

7 comments:

  1. ditto everything. I'm 5'-8" so I feel like an amazon woman in heels, and I CANNOT walk in them. one of my biggest pet peeves is witnessing women who don't know how to walk in heels trying to walk in heels. cheers to tall clumsy girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really short so the heels would definitely help my height, but I can never find a pair that doesn't kill my feet. So I have quit wearing them unless I absolutely have to. I would definitely rather wear flats! You look so amazing by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, your outfit looks great, and don't you dare try to tell me you recently had a baby!

    you know, i always heard that wearing heels was good for your legs, but the way they make me hurt, i think i believe shape magazine. so, flats it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you thrifted that skirt! so fun that you fit in it now that you're no longer pregnant! and i love the color : )

    ReplyDelete