2.23.2011

progress.

progress.

{definition. gradual improvement or growth or development}

i like this word. progress is the type of word that makes you feel good about what you are working on. it's a step in the right direction.


i have been thinking about this word a lot lately. especially, since i decided to start selling my baby shoes. i honestly didn't realize all it would entail. i assumed, i would just make the shoes-deliver them to the store-and if they sell i'd get a check at the end of the month. easy as that.
i was wrong.
what about item numbers?
keeping track of inventory?
meeting with clients?
following up with clients?
custom orders?
this is why i have been finding refuge in the word progress. even though, i still have a lot to figure out and learn...all i can do is continue to make progress, little by little. rejoicing in what i have done, and not dreading what i need to do. over the past few weeks, here is what i have been able to make progress in...
i set up item numbers.


made this cute little sample book to bring when i meet clients.


finished some new shoe options, including these three cuties.
and bought some great new prints to try.

this week i hope to start to make progress on our website design. a number of you have asked/emailed me about listing my shoes with etsy, but with all of the etsy fees...chris and i decided it would probably be best to invest in a website instead. i'm super excited about this idea, but it's still in it's beginning stages...and probably will be for the next few months. my goal is to have it up and running by the end of my maternity leave in may. in the mean time...keep sending your orders to homemadebymonica[at]gmail[dot]com.

speaking of websites...any advice for me? a number of you have your own websites, and i'd love any/all advice you have. especially when it comes to design ideas.
happy wednesday! {monica}

9 comments:

  1. BleDomain....super easy and VERY reasonable! Congrats Monica! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was BluDomain (new keyboard) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about starting with a simple Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. whew. i'm tired just thinking about all that... thinking about the wesbite thing myself... good luck with all of it! and those shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU ARE SO AMAZING!!! Seriously! I don't have any ideas about the website, but I do want to order some shoes for you soon. My soon-to-be sister in law had a premie recently and I want to get baby Elanora (pretty name, huh??) a pair or a few!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Etsy shop I'd say. But you could go beyond...amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each little shoe is getting more adorable than the next. Good job on the sample book.

    I still can't believe you work full-time, blog, do all these cute crafts and are pregnant. You may just be my next role model.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey! thanks for stopping by my blog ☺
    you have THEE most precious baby bump! ah and these shoes are amazing! you'll have a lot of success. good luck to you. I'm going to be your newest reader, please follow me if you like!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, etsy fees can cut into your profit. I created and manage my own site www.shelcosmetics.com
    Check it out and I would be more than happy to let you know the secrets to a very inexpensive, if not free, website and online store.
    Love your baby shoes. I will be ordering a pair for my friend who is 35 weeks with her first little girl.

    xo
    michelle

    ReplyDelete