2.11.2011

exciting news.

on monday, our birthing class instructor offered to start letting me sell my handmade baby shoes in her shop. it's something i have been interested in doing for a while now, but never really had the courage to attempt. mostly because sewing and crafting have always been very therapeutic for me, and turning that therapy into a business leaves me wondering if i will still find joy in the creative process? i figure the only way to find out is to start small and try, right? since amy (my instructor) is having an open house on february 26th, i set my first deadline to have all my samples completed then, cross your fingers.

here are some of the samples i have completed already, and i'd love some feedback if you have the time.






have a great weekend everyone!
happy friday! {monica}

10 comments:

  1. They are all very nice ! Would not know which one to buy if I had to ! Hummm! thinking of it I would choose the last one (red) even though I like a lot the first one (green). Good luck ... Briggy13 @ http://briggy13.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting...they are all so cute. Great Job Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are soo adorable! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! I'd buy a pair :)

    Maybe some little apliques or ruffly trim in the future if you wanted to get all fancy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are just so cute! Congrats on selling them! I felt the same way before opening my etsy shop last summer. But its become one of the best things for my crafting addiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same about my crafts, what started as therapy turned into an obsession and possible marketing attempt...but will it take the joy out of it? The only way to prevent that is like you said, start small, and keep it fun!

    I love your shoes! The first pair is my fave. Id buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are awesome!! I'd like to order that last pair for Miss K...can I:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so cute! I would buy a pair for a couple of baby showers I am going to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...those are adorable! So...if I had a friend due next week and wanted a pair, would that be possible? & how much? :)

    AbbyKoeff@gmail.com

    Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the cutest ever. It makes me wish I was expecting so I could pick up a pair for my baby.

    I noticed in another post you are selling them, maybe I will just pick up a pair now. They are too adorable to pass up.

    ReplyDelete