12.14.2010

day 10...candy cane bark.

welcome to day ten!
we are officially more than half way through the 18 day tutorial. which means christmas is getting closer and closer, and i can't wait.
today's tutorial....
candy cane bark.
{for those of us with a holiday sweet tooth}

what you need.

2 12 oz bags of white chocolate chips. 1 c rice crispies. 2 candy canes crushed. wax paper/silicone cookie sheet.

step one. in a medium sized mixing bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. it took two minutes with my microwave, but time may vary on yours. check it about every 30 seconds.

step two. remove chocolate from the microwave, and stir until smooth.


step three. stir in 1c of rice crispies.

step four. pour mixture onto wax paper or silicone baking sheet and spread evenly.

step five. sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top of the chocolate/rice crispies mixture.

step six. set mixture aside and let chocolate cool completely.

step seven. once mixture is cooled, break the bark up into pieces and enjoy.

this is a perfect recipe for the "non-baker's" like myself. they make great little thank you gifts around the holidays. just box them up in cute little to-go boxes like these and you are good to go.

happy tuesday!
{monica}

7 comments:

  1. Aw! I love candy cane bark... it's actually on my list of things to make for presents this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few parties to go to and I'm totally making this! It looks so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew "bark" was so easy to make. I really like the peppermint bark from Ghirardelli. It's hard to find here in Canada so I ask my mom to send me tons. I totally stock up.

    Maybe I should just try to make my own.

    I love the chinese take out container you put them in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I think I might try this! I don't have an oven here so this would be a perfect treat to make my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! i made this last night (and added a tsp. of cake batter and used sprinkles instead of candy can) and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete