10.21.2010

pumpkin house numbers.

last sunday was pumpkin carving day at our house.
don't you just love carving pumpkins? even though it's messy, it's such a fun fall thing to do!

this year instead of carving my usual pumpkin face, i decided to use the pumpkin to indicate our house number. since it is getting dark so early these days, i figured this would be a great way to designate our address to evening visitors. plus, i figure an address is not very halloween-ish, so we will be able to keep the pumpkin out front for as long as the pumpkin stays fresh.

hope everyone is having a great week!!! it's almost friday...which means it's almost the weekend, and chris and i are getting out of town for the weekend to visit family. we can't wait!

happy thursday!

{monica}

13 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for visit, come back again! :)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! we're pumpkin carving this weekend and I might steal the idea...though I doubt mine will be as cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea! It looks adorable. :) Enjoy your weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea!! I've never seen that before.

    Congrats on your pregnancy, and thanks for your sweet comment :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a good idea! i love to see what people come up with during pumpkin carving time. thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative! love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is such a cute idea!! hope you are enjoying the midwest :) I grew up in Indiana and lived in Iowa for 5 years after college! where did you move from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh hello! i'm so glad you stopped by today...
    i love the house number idea!!!
    i still havent gotten our pumpkin(s)
    must do it this weekend
    all the best to you
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I love love love it! :)
    I have never thought of it before, and it's just perfect!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a SUPER idea!!!!!!
    Love it...going to do this with mine if I ever carve one this year:)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this idea!
    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete